1. You graduated from a liberal arts school whose football team hasn't won a game since the Reagan administration.
2. You frequently use the term "post-modern" (or its commonly used variation "PoMo") as an adjective, noun, and verb.
3. You carry a shoulder-strap messenger bag and have at one time or another worn a pair of horn-rimmed or Elvis Costello-style glasses.
4. You have one Republican friend who you always describe as being your "one Republican friend."
5. Your hair looks best unwashed and you position your head on your pillow at night in a way that will really maximize your cowlicks.
6. You own records put out by Matador, DFA, Definitive Jux, Dischord, Warp, Thrill Jockey, Smells Like Records, and Drag City.
7. You bought your dishes and a checkered tablecloth at a thrift shop to be kitschy and often throw vegetarian dinner parties.
8. You frequently complain about gentrification even though you are responsible for it yourself.
9. You have refined tastes and consider yourself exceptionally cultured, but have one pop vice (ElimiDATE, American Idol and Entertainment Weekly are popular ones) that helps to define you as well-rounded.
10. You spend much of your leisure time in bars and/or resteraunts with monosyllabic names like Plant, Bound or Shine.
11. You have kissed someone of the same gender and often bring this up in casual conversation.
- from The Hipster Handbook by Robert Lanham
Current Mood: amused
Current Music: The Specials - Little Bitch
(6 comments | Leave a comment)